Thursday 20 April 2017

The Superstar Shake Up

The Superstar Shake Up, effectively the WWE Draft, took place on RAW ans Smackdown last week. The way they did it was that they announced who were coming on the show moments before they turned up on TV. Let's take a look at the transfers.

From Smackdown to RAW

  • Alexa Bliss
  • Apollo Crews
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Heath Slater and Rhyno
  • Kalisto
  • Mickie James
  • Miz and Maryse
For most of these Superstars, I don't think it will affect them too much. I feel that they will just be in the same position as they were on Smackdown. However, I am worried about Bray and Alexa. Alexa was very close to becoming my Most Improved Wrestler from last year and she was one of the highlights on Smackdown. I was worried that she might get lost in the shuffle as they are better wrestlers such as Sasha Banks and Emma in the division. However, she became the Number 1 Contender and will face Bayley on Payback and that shows how high WWE regard her, I don't think she will win but I thought that when she faced Becky Lynch for the Smackdown Women's Championship and I was proven wrong then.

As for Bray, I feel that it's the beginning of the end. It was great when he beat John Cena and AJ Styles at Elimination Chamber to become WWE Champion. Then it just fell apart as he first lost the Championship to Randy Orton a month later and then he gets transferred over to RAW without any of the Wyatt Family. Bray works well as the leader of a group and this could be the final nail in the coffin for him, I know that Bray has a rematch at Payback but let's be honest, does anyone really fucking think that he is going to win that?

From RAW to Smackdown

  • Charlotte Flair
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Lana
  • Rusev
  • Sami Zayn
  • Sin Cara 2.0
  • Tamina
  • The New Day
  • The Shining Stars The Colons
I feel that some of these Superstars will do well on Smackdown. I'm especially happy for Sami and Kevin. A part of me is gutted that they moved because I'm going to a RAW house show in 3 weeks so I won't get to see them. However, if used right, they can go no to become the highlights of the show plus we could see matches such as Nakamura vs Owens. I am slightly worried about the women's division. Charlotte is great and is probably worth more then Alexa Bliss and Mickie James combined. However, Tamina isn't very good and I almost forgot that she still works there. The biggest surprise so far has been Jinder Mahal. He became the Number 1 Contender to the WWE Champioship and will get that opportunity at Backlash. Jinder has improved so much since he came back and I'm interested to see how that match will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment