Tuesday 17 March 2015

Lo-Down Wrestling Awards 2014



The 2014 Lo-Down Wrestling awards are finally here. I thought that 2014 wasn't a bad year. However, due to work, I don't get to watch that much wrestling anymore. I only get to watch the PPVs and that's when I get the chance. I've gone off TNA, only read what has happened on RAW and Smackdown; and rarely watch NXT, which is probably the best wrestling show on TV. Hopefully, starting at Wrestlemania, I will get to watch more wrestling. Anyway, let's give out some awards.

Match of the Year
Team Cena vs Team Authority, Survivor Series
This match was so much fun to watch. You had Mark Henry being eliminated almost instantly; Cena being eliminated halfway through the match, which was a massive surprise; Ziggler doing a SuperCena and winning despite being against 3 people; and the way overdue WWE debut of Sting. Tremendous match.
Honorable Mention: Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins Lumberjack Match, Summerslam
They built these feud for quite a while and what I loved about this match was how out of the box it was. You had the lumberjacks fuck up the one job that they had and Corporate Kane coming in to sort out the resulting clusterfuck; Ambrose hitting Rollins with a curb stomp; and a wonderful ending. Without doubt, the best lumberjack match that I have ever seen.

PPV of the Year
Summerslam

Once again, Summerslam was in my opinion, the best PPV of the year. I really enjoyed it and it had some really good matches such as the Lumberjack Match. Plus, I got to see Brock Lesnar completely destroy John Cena with SIXTEEN German suplexes, which as a Cena Hater filled me up with such glee.

Feud of the Year
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins


This was a great feud with some great matches such as the lumberjack match. Hopefully we will see them fight it out over the WWE Championship at some point.

"Wait, What the Fuck?!" Surprising Moment of the Year
Brock Lesnar beating The Undertaker, Wrestlemania XXX


This is, without a doubt, the most shocking moment in WWE history. I don't think anyone thought that Brock Lesnar would beat The Undertaker and the reaction when it happened was unbelievable. I don't think I will see a crowd reaction like that ever again.

Moment of the Year
Seth Rollins betraying The Shield, RAW (2nd June)


This is my favourite moment as it seemed so unexpected. They had beaten Evolution two Pay-Per-Views in a row then the next day, Seth Rollins goes "fuck you all" to Ambrose and Reigns and beats the fuck out of them with a chair. It was a great moment by the WWE and set Rollins on the road to being a future WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Real Life Douchebag of the Year
TNA

I can watch TNA for free but I chose to stop watching it last year. It has so much potential but the lack of revenue resulted in them losing a lot of their talent and their TV contract not being renewed. The final straw was having their biggest show of the year, Bound for Glory, taking place in Japan. I can't imagine WWE doing anything like that with Wrestlemania. I hope 2015 can be a good year for them.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year
Damien Mizdow

What a year for Mizdow. After he lost his World Heavyweight Championship against John Cena, he seemed to be falling down the card. However, since becoming the stunt double of Hollywood Miz, he was absolutely brilliant and sometimes the best part of whatever show he was on. I know it will end it eventually but long may it continue.

Female Wrestler of the Year
Paige

It has been a great year for Paige. The inaugural NXT Women's Champion then wins the Divas Championship on her first day on the main roster. She has gone on to have a good feud with AJ Lee and is currently on the reality show Total Divas. I hope she can continue on that path.

Male Wrestler of the Year
Seth Rollins

What a year for Seth Rollins. As part of the Shield, he was involved with some great matches against the Wyatt Family and then Evolution. After a unexpected heel turn, he won Money in the Bank and has become one of the top heels in the company. I can't wait for him to cash in his briefcase and become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment