Sunday 9 March 2014

TNA Lockdown 2014 Preview


TNA Lockdown is taking place this evening at the BankUnited Center in Miami, Florida. This is TNA's first PPV of the year and all of the matches will be in a steel cage. Let's look at the card.

Mr Anderson will take on Samuel Shaw in what could be an interesting match. While Mr Anderson has been protecting Christy Hemme from the attentions of Shaw, I can see it coming back to haunt him. Therefore, I'm going for Shaw to win here.
Predicted Winner: Samuel Shaw

Gunner will take on his former tag team partner James Storm in a last man standing match. Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of either of them, I do like last man standing matches; and I'm interested in seeing how Storm acts as a heel. It's a tough one to call, but I'm going for Storm to win here.
Predicted Winner: James Storm

Tigre Uno will make his debut as he takes on  Manik. This should be a fun match to watch. I will be very surprised if Manik wins the match; so Tigre Uno to win here.
Predicted Winner: Tigre Uno

Madison Rayne will defend her TNA Knockouts Championship from the challenge of  Gail Kim. These are both good competitors, so this should be a good match. I'm going for Rayne to win here.
Predicted Winner: Madison Rayne

We have an interpromotional 6-man tag match with The Great Muta, Sanada and Nakanoue from Wrestle-1 taking on the TNA team of Bad Influence and Chris Sabin. I'm looking forward to seeing The Great Muta for the first time, and I'm a big fan of Bad Influence. I'm going for the Wrestle-1 team to win here.
Predicted Winners: The Great Muta, Sanada and Nakanoue

Team MVP (MVP, The Wolves and Jeff Hardy) will take on Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, The BroMans and Austin Aries) in a lethal lockdown match for control of TNA's wrestling operations. I don't generally like lethal lockdown matches as I think the concept is dumb. However, the wrestlers involved should make it a decent match. Team MVP has to win here, otherwise the whole angle would be pointless.
Predicted Winner: Team MVP

The main event will see Samoa Joe challenge Magnus for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. I am struggling to see Magnus as a World Champion. However, this should be a good match and I'm going for Magnus to win here.
Predicted Winner: Magnus

Due to the TV deal that TNA have in the UK, I won't have the review until next weekend. Until then, I hope you guys enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment