Monday 20 August 2012

WWE Summerslam 2012 Predictions



The 25th Summerslam will be taking place once again at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The card looks quite decent so let’s take a look.

The Pre-Show Match on YouTube will feature the United States Championship as Santino Marella is challenged by Antonio Cesario. Normally, I would predict that Cesario would win. However, I can’t see the title changing on a pre-show. I’m going for Santino to pull it out of the bag and Cesario will hopefully win at Night of Champions.
Predicted Winner: Santino Marella

The Tag Team Championship will be on the line as The Prime Time Players (#millions of dollars) challenge Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. The tag team division is slowly, slowly looking like the WWE give a fuck about it. To continue in that trend, I think that the Prime Time Players will win and will be like: “A Who?”
Predicted Winners: Prime Time Players

Daniel Bryan will take on Kane in a match that doesn’t really make sense to me. Can someone tell  me what made Kane turn face? Anyway, I think this could be a decent match and I can see AJ fucking up Bryan’s chances to win. Despite that, I think that Bryan will win and continue to go “No! No! No!” at every opportunity.
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

The Miz will be challenged by Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship. I’m looking forward to this match as it could be an entertaining contest. The Miz hasn’t been Champion for long, so I think that he will retain.
Predicted Winner: The Miz

Chris Jericho will face Dolph Ziggler in a match that I am really looking forward. The feud between the two has been a joy to watch and it looks like it will be Jericho’s last appearance before he goes off on tour with Fozzy. I can see either one winning but I’m going for a punt and predicting that Jericho will win. Ziggler may have the MITB briefcase but he doesn’t need to be a roll before he cashes it in. Prime example is Daniel Bryan last year. This match has the potential to not only be the match of the night but one of the matches of the year.
Predicted Winner: Chris Jericho

The World Heavyweight Championship is on the line as Sheamus will be challenged (yet again) by Alberto Del Rio. I was enjoying aspects of this feud but I feel that they have ruined it when they had the match two weeks ago. I can see both guys winning but I think that Sheamus will retain and hopefully go on to someone else.
Predicted Winner: Sheamus

The WWE Championship will be defended in a triple threat match between CM Punk, The Big Show and John Cena. I feel sorry for Punk. He bitches about not being in the main event at the expense of Cena; gets to face Cena in a PPV match, which normally guarantees main event status; then will get upstaged by the Lesnar/HHH match. I can’t see Show winning and I think that Cena will challenge for the WWE Championship at the next PPV. Therefore, I’m going for Punk to retain.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

The main event (most likely) will be Brock Lesnar taking on Triple H. Even though this involves Triple H and Paul Heyman, two guys that I love watching, I’ve not really enjoyed this feud. I found it bizarre that the good guys effectively bullied Heyman into accepting the match Anyway, even though I love Triple H, Lesnar HAS to win this. If he doesn’t, then I feel that his one year contract has been a complete waste of time.
 Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

 I won't get to see the event til Monday evening so I'll publish my review during the week I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment