Sunday 15 July 2012

WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Preview




It’s time for one of my favourite PPVs of the year which is taking  place in the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Last year, it not only won the Lo-Down Wrestling PPV of the Year ; it also had the Match of the Year with CM Punk versus John Cena. The build up to this has not been great but it has a couple of matches that I’m looking forward, so let’s take a look.

The Pre-Show match on YouTube  is between the team of Kofi Kingston and R-Truth taking on Hunico and Camacho. I don’t think it is for the Tag Team Championships as the number 1 contenders are The Prime Time Players (Millions of Dollars, Millions of Dollars!) Anyway, does anyone really think that Hunico and Camacho will win this match? No, didn’t think so.
Predicted Winners: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth

The World Heavyweight Championship match has Alberto Del Rio challenging Sheamus. This has been a decent build to this match and it would be interesting to see Del Rio as Champion. However, I think that Sheamus will retain here.
Predicted Winner: Sheamus

The World Heavyweight Championship MITB match will be between Christian, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, Lord Tensai and Tyson Kidd. This is one of the matches that I am really looking forward and this could be a contender for LDW Match of the Year. It’s a tough one to call as I can see either Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler or Damien Sandow winning it. I’m going for Cody Rhodes to win this I think he is now ready for the main event level.
Predicted Winner: Cody Rhodes

On the other hand, the WWE Championship MITB match is one that I’m not looking forward to. This one is slightly different as it’s between active former WWE Champions: Big Show, Chris Jericho, John Cena and Kane. I can see this being nowhere near as good as the other MITB match and it would have made more sense to either include any former World Champions (such as Jack Swagger) or do this idea in 2013 where they will be more former WWE Champions (such as CM Punk, The Miz and Randy Orton) I feel really sorry about Chris Jericho who will be trying to make everyone look good. The only one that I see winning this match is John Cena, who will once again overcome the odds (even though he has more chance of winning this match then if he was in the World Heavyweight Championship MITB Match) and take the briefcase. I pray to God that this is not the main event otherwise I would not be happy.
Predicted Winner: John Cena

The WWE Championship match has Daniel Bryan challenging CM Punk with AJ as the Special Guest Referee. This has the ability to be a really good match but the question is, like last time, what about AJ? This is a tough one to call as my initial thoughts about AJ was allied with Bryan. Now I’m not so sure. A part of me doesn’t think AJ is as crazy as she has led us to believe and she could be working for a third party. Anyway, I think that Punk will win this one and remain Champion until Summerslam.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

I won’t get to see the whole event until Monday or Tuesday so the review (like all my reviews recently) will be published during the week. I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment