Friday 6 July 2012

Happy birthday to well...me

A couple of days ago was the first anniversary of the launch of the Lo Down Wrestling and it was in the middle of one of the most exciting storylines in professional wrestling history. CM Punk had just done his shoot promo during his campaign to leave the company at Money in the Bank with the WWE Championship. This in turn led to one of the best PPVs in WWE history.

I got inspired to do this by reading blogs such as Kick Out Wrestling and The Wrestling Blog; and the thoughtful insights of people like K Sawyer Paul, Joe Drilling and Jason Mann on their relevant podcasts. The internet now is full of dirtsheets that copy and paste from other websites and say things that are hearsay at best. However, there are people that are out there helping to create a better wrestling media and I'm proud that I'm doing a small part in creating that vision.

In terms of the future, there is so much that I want to do. The plan over the coming year is to expand the series on My Favourite Matches and at the beginning of next year, I hope to launch a project involving the Undertaker's streak. Hopefully, I will have a few more people following me on twitter (I'm currently on 42) and get more involved with other people in the wrestling community by that time.

Lastly, I want to thank you: the readers. If it wasn't for you, I don't think the blog would be as successful as it  is now. The number of people visiting my site exploded over Wrestlemania Week with my articles on the Undertaker's Streak and the 2012 Hall of Fame being the two most popular articles so far. In its first year, the blog has been viewed over 2000 times in over 60 countries. Like Michael Fassbender in Promtheus said:  "Big things have small beginnings" I hope these small steps lead to this blog being well liked and respected throughout the Internet Wrestling Community. Thanks once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment