Monday 30 April 2012

WWE Extreme Rules 2012 Predictions


It’s time for the one night of the year where the WWE goes Extreme, which is taking at the Allstate Arena in Chicago. Only 6 games have been announced so far, so let’s look at the card.

The pre-show match on YouTube features Santino Marella defending his United States Championship against The Miz. I think that this could be a good match. However, I don’t think they would get a lot of time and I can’t The Most Must-See WWE Superstar in Miz-tory winning. Therefore, I think that Santino will retain.
Predicted Winner: Santino Marella

The Divas Championship as Beth Phoenix attempts to regain the title from Nikki Bella. The match they had on Monday was quite decent and, whilst I love Beth to get the title back, I don’t think that will happen. The fact that it’s a match between 2 heels doesn’t help things either. I think that Nikki will retain and there is a possibility that Kharma could return this night and destroy Nikki.
Predicted Winner: Nikki Bella

The Intercontinental Championship is on the line in a rematch from Wrestlemania as Cody Rhodes challenges The Big Show. The stipulations for this match will be decided by a roll of the wheel before the match. I don’t see the point of either guy being the Champion for some reason. Despite that, I think that Show will retain.
Predicted Winner: The Big Show

Randy Orton will take on Kane in a Falls Count Anywhere match. This feud has gotten interesting over the last few weeks and I’m quite looking forward to this. I think that Orton will win and Kane will turn his hate onto someone else.
Predicted Winner: Randy Orton

The World Heavyweight Championship will be on line between Sheamus and Daniel Bryan in a 2 out of 3 falls match. Sheamus has been decent as a champion and Bryan is more over than I thought possible. I would love for Bryan to continually scream “Yes!” as he regains the Championship. However, I think it’s more likely that Sheamus will retain in a match that had better last more than 18 seconds.
Predicted Winner: Sheamus

The WWE Championship will be defended in a Chicago Street Fight as Chris Jericho challenges home town boy CM Punk. Their match at Wrestlemania was really good and I hope that we get something similar here. I can’t see Punk losing in his home town so I think he’ll win and Jericho will win it at Over the Limit.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

John Cena will take on Brock Lesnar in an Extreme Rules match. This will undoubtedly be a brutal match and entertaining. Whilst we will probably see glimpses of Super Cena, Brock has to win this match. Otherwise, what the fuck was the point?
Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

So there it is. I expect one or two bonus matches to be added, probably featuring Brodus Clay or Ryback. This could be a good event, so I hope you enjoy it and my review of the show will be up on Monday or Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment