Sunday 29 January 2012

Royal Rumble 2012 Predictions


It’s time for the first WWE Pay-Per-View of the year as the Road to Wrestlemania begins with the Royal Rumble. After getting only one match wrong at TLC, I’m quite confident about how I will do on my predictions. Let’s look at the card.

The World Heavyweight Championship is on the line as Daniel Bryan defends his title against Big Show and Mark Henry in a steel cage. Bryan has been doing everything that he can to keep his title and it may look like that Bryan is screwed as he is confined into fighting the two biggest athletes in the WWE in a steel cage. However, one thing I like about Bryan is that he’s a very clever heel and I think that he will some way to win and retain the title.
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan

John Cena takes on Kane in what could be a very interesting match. We all know what Cena will be doing at Wrestlemania so the feud will not last that long. Plus, if Cena wants his match against The Rock to be for the WWE Championship, he needs one opportunity to do that, probably at Elimination Chamber.  I can see this continuing past the Rumble and I can probably see Cena winning this one. The question is, will Cena embrace the hate in the process?
Predicted Winner: John Cena

The WWE Championship is on the line as CM Punk defends his title against Dolph Ziggler with John Laurinaitis (did you know that he’s the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and the interim RAW GM?) as the special guest referee. I’ve enjoyed the feud between Laurinaitis and Punk over the last few weeks and Laurinaitis admitting to Mick Foley that he intends to screw Punk over has made it interesting. However, Laurinaitis is going through a job review by Triple H the next day so that will be difficult. I can see Laurinaitis “inadvertently” screwing Punk over. However, I can see Punk finding some way to prevail.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

Now it comes to the Royal Rumble match. I think that it could be a very interesting Rumble. We all know that The Miz comes in at number 1 and I think he could last a while. Cena has to enter in order to try and get the WWE Championship for his match with The Rock. I was discussing this with my brother during the week and one thing I would like to see is The Rock to come in and eliminate Cena. I don’t think that it will actually happen but I will seriously mark the fuck out if it did. In terms of the winner, I think that it will be “the end of the world as we know it” and Chris Jericho will win and go on to challenge CM Punk.
Predicted Winner: Chris Jericho

You normally get a small card for the Royal Rumble and I think that there will be another match announced, probably a Divas match. Also, we get to see the Wrestlemania XXVIII logo in the rafters for the first time and I wonder how many times a wrestler will point to it. In terms of the event, this is a good time for the WWE to set a high standard for the year, especially as we get on the road to Wrestlemania.

No comments:

Post a Comment