Sunday 3 July 2011

Welcome

Hello there and welcome to the first ever blog post of Lo-Down Wrestling. After reading many websites, I was surprised by the level of negative reaction towards wrestlers, storylines and people behind the scenes. Then I started reading some websites that talked about creating a better wrestling media and that’s what we need. I got inspired by this and decided to have a go myself. Plus the vast majority of wrestling media seem to come from North America and I thought it would be good to get a British viewpoint of things.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I’m Rob who is currently living in Glasgow, Scotland. I’ve been a wrestling fan ever since I watched a VHS tape of Wrestlemania VIII. However, due to my parents not having cable, I was out of wrestling from Wrestlemania X to just before Survivor Series 1998. This was in the middle of the Austin-McMahon feud and that got me back into wrestling.

In terms of favourite wrestlers, there’s quite a few. I was never really a Hulk Hogan fan but I loved Bret Hart, Mr Perfect and Shawn Michaels. During the Attitude Era, I became a massive fan of Triple H and now, I love the Miz, CM Punk and Christian. As you can tell, I’m a massive fan of the heels because, let’s face it, they have more fun and it’s great to watch.

With this blog, I’m not doing reviews of RAW and Smackdown. You will get articles on the current storylines in WWE, occasional stuff on TNA and predictions on the Pay-Per-Views. That’s the general backbone of the blog and I hope to add more stuff to it. With the Money in the Bank coming up, I’ll be looking at those matches and predicting who will be the future world champions. Until then, take care and I hope you enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment